Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming Fun

The kids have had so much fun at the swimming pool at our apartment building. It's nice to just hop on over without it having to be a big production each time. And Travis has really taken to the water fast. He loves to swim by himself or jump in with no fear, (as long as he has his swim vest on.) Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him swimming because I won't let him swim without me right next to him. His balance isn't always quite right. He'll all of a sudden do a face plant into the water, which usually just makes him laugh, but now and then results in water up his nose, coughing, and a totally shocked look on his face. I'll have to get some pictures of him when Bruce goes with us.


Courtney loves swimming. She's a great swimmer after being on the swim team for 2 years. Although she doesn't want to do swim team anymore, she's a real fish.












Dylan was pretty afraid of the water until about a month ago. He's been in lessons for a while, but just wouldn't relax. We got him this swim vest and goggles. Now he takes off with no fear. Even without them on, he's much more relaxed. Plus, its nice not to have to hold both boys together. As long as Dylan stays near me, I let him swim and jump to his hearts content.










My 2 Fish

















The boys taking a break to soak up some sun.

2 comments:

Kate said...

AMY!!!!!!! When I saw your comment, I was HOPING it was YOU (I know a few Amys). North Carolina??!! Wow. Why are you there? We go on a family trip to NC every summer with my in-laws. Okay, I'm trying to get ready to go camping... but I just had to say hi quickly. I am so excited to keep up with you via blog now. Yay!!!

Jayleen said...

I bet it's so fun to be able to go swimming whenever you want to. We recently got a membership to the local pool, so we can go swimming anytime we want during open plunge and Ian gets a discount in swimming lessons. They have an awesome outside pool with a ton of fun water equipment. Ian is in his 3rd session of swimming lessons and loving it! We miss you guys! I hope you are enjoying NC.