Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New home, new state, new blog

My sisters have been bugging me for a while to start my own blog, but I just haven't had the desire. They write these posts that are so eloquent and profound and just beautifully written. When I was substitute teaching, I would see 3rd and 4th graders write better than me. I hate my writing. Plus, most of the people that cared to see our pictures or know what was going on with us already knew.

Before I left Lander, I had a wonderful yet tearful goodbye with 2 very dear friends, Joni and Amber. They convinced me that I needed a blog so we could keep in touch better. I figured I'd better do something for not only them, but my other family and friends as well, now that we are out here in North Carolina all by ourselves, no family or friends (yet.) So we'll see how this goes and how well I keep it updated. [I'll play with it for a while, so don't be surprised if it changes every week at first.]

So here we are in our new city, Apex. It's beautiful and green and full of people and shops and a temple 5 minutes away. So different from Lander. I love it. I met a few people at church on Sunday, but look forward to meeting a lot more and making friends. Courtney is signed up for school, which starts the beginning of July because it's a year-round school. She's not too happy about that, but I think she'll get used to it fast. She's just holding on to everything Wyoming right now.

We'll get settled quickly I'm sure. We need our house to sell, (anyone looking to buy???) Then we'll get our finances in order so we can buy a house here and feel permanent. Until then, we'll enjoy our apartment with its swimming pools. So nice during these 100 degree days.

We miss everyone already.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

well, i for one am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that you've started the blogging adventure.

i can't wait to keep up with you guys!


xoxoxo

Jill said...

i'm so proud of you. i can't believe you did it! i love your blog.

Kim said...

jumping for joy over here!!!
ok, neighbor. i can't wait to come visit you and all your wonderful shops and fun!
love you!

Jayleen said...

Yay...I'm glad you joined the blogging community! Your blog looks GREAT!!!

Jill said...

i just wanted to visit to give you another "comment" because its so fun to see that # go up.

Amy said...

yeah, I don't know if I'll leave the counter or not, but it is kind of fun.

Brooke said...

here's another...