Wednesday, August 4, 2010

She's A Poet & I Didn't Know It



Courtney's 5th grade class had a poetry reading at the end of the year. Most read poems they had written themselves, a few read works by famous authors. I knew they were writing poetry in class, but I never saw what Courtney was working on until the day of the reading. Parents were invited to come. They served us snacks and juice and presented their works to us. I was very impressed with Courtney's creativity (peotry always freaked me out in school, I was really terrible at it.) Here is her brilliant piece:

Wyoming

Wyoming. Wyoming.
The best state in the world,
With rivers and mountains and prairies galore.
In Yellowstone Park you'll be snug and sound,
Or Devils Tower with steep slopes all around.
You'll be sure to go back again,
When you have been to Lander and Sheridan.
Wyoming is the best place to be,
The best place from sea to sea.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ben and I give Courtney's poem four big thumbs up and 2 AMENS!