Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun in PA

For Father's Day weekend, we went up to Pennsylvania to visit Bruce's parents. We had a great weekend hanging out with them and Bruce's brother, Tim and his family. We helped with some yard work, Grandma took the kids hunting for toys at garage sales, swam in their pool, practiced our archery skills, and just played.

The highlight for the kids was our trip to Kennywood. These are the only pictures I took from the whole weekend. Tim's wife, Hilary stayed home with the babies. The rest of us went and baked in the sun, but had a great time.









Bruce and I took Travis and Rachel to Kiddieland for some great rides for little ones, while the big kids went with uncle Tim, Grandma, and Grandpa for some big rides.











We met up for lunch, then got soaked on the water rides.




Travis and Rachel were pretty tired, so they left with Grandma and Grandpa. We took Courtney, Erin, and Matthew on some big rides, (Dylan was too scared to go on most,) then Tim took Erin, Matthew, and Dylan home.





We stayed with Courtney so she could ride the 2 big roller coasters, Thunderbolt and Phantom's Revenge.

She was a little nervous before-hand, but loved them so much and wanted to ride again and again. Unfortunately we only had time for one ride each since the lines were so long. While waiting for Phantom's Revenge, one of the cars got stuck on the first hill going up. They got it down and everyone out safe, but we had to wait about 45 minutes for them to fix and test the ride. It was a lot of fun, although I've decided my roller coaster days are about over. I love them, but I came off feeling really sick and dizzy. Getting old stinks!

3 comments:

Joni said...

I think my roller coaster days are past as well! What a fun time!

Megan said...

Just looking at that spinny one nauseated me :)

Jayleen said...

Looks like a fun time! I LOVE roller coasters, but last time I went I had the same issue with not feeling so well afterwords, I agree, it really stinks getting old :(.