Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Bruce and the kids gave me a good birthday today. I got to sleep in, (as much as you can with the kids screaming all over the house.) But at least I was able to stay in bed and wake up slowly and get up when I felt like it. ahhhh, the best present ever!! Most of the day was routine, taking Courtney to riding lesson, the kids had a Primary activity at the church, moving furniture around so I can try to finish unpacking, etc. But here was my evening:


Bruce took us out to dinner. I've been wanting to try this restaurant, but I'm the only one who LOVES Mexican, so we haven't been there yet. Since I got to choose the place, I picked Qdoba Mexican Grill. Turns out, we all loved it. Yay! A new place to eat! It was so good and I left feeling stuffed!


Bruce brought home this yummy cake for me. It was very rich chocolate, and after that huge dinner, I just couldn't eat a big slice. I did the best I could, after all, who can pass up a great slice of chocolate cake? Good thing it will be waiting for me tomorrow. Breakfast???


This was my birthday gift, which I'm using for some much needed clothes. That's really all I asked for this year. Unless you count the one time I used my birthday power to get out of changing a poopy diaper! HEE HEE :) Who's watching the kids while I go shopping?? Better yet, who's joining me?

6 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! I always remember your birthday because remember how our voice mail code was my bday and yours... 241025. Somehow I still remember that...
I love QDoba. They had one in Orem that we used to go to ALL the time when we were first married. We loved it. Then we moved to Ohio, and there was one about 45 minutes away. We hardly ever went. Then we moved to AZ, and there weren't ANY Qdobas around... until recently. Now there is one about 20 minutes from our house, and Quinten took me there as a surprise a few weeks ago.
Have fun shopping. Wish I could go with you!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! Hope you had a great day, you deserve it! Have fun eating that yummy chocolate cake and shopping! I love you and miss you very much!

Jill said...

i'll see at the mall!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sleeping in, good food, chocolate cake, shopping money--is there anything better? Happy shopping!!!

Brooke said...

happy birthday!

xo

Katie said...

I know that people say a gift card is a lame gift or whatever, but I love it!

it's so nice to have money to spend on all myself sometimes...