Friday, May 21, 2010

Can Rotation Shelves


I can get excited over little things and this is one of them. We made these rotation shelves in Relief Society this month.

You can purchase some really nice shelving units, but I really don't want to pay for them, and anyways I don't know where I would put one. These are great because I can use them on the shelves I already have. I thought cardboard would not hold up well, but they are surprisingly sturdy. Some people who have made them have been using theirs for years. (Tip: use a glue gun to put the pieces together.)

Bruce wants to make me some nice ones out of plywood, but I know what happens when he wants to do a project. It won't get done for a very long time. So I'm not waiting for him. I've made 2, and have a big pile of cardboard in the garage waiting to be cut into more. I plan on painting them and putting labels on the front so they look nice all lined up together. (Maybe I'll include a picture of that later.)

I need to do a lot of organizing of shelves so this project is great for me right now. Here's a few links to directions. You can make them any size you need for all the different sizes of cans.

The Pantry Panel
Food Storage Made Easy

No comments: