Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Road Trip Part 6: San Jose

After a fun day on the coast, we headed to San Jose to see some friends from my childhood.

We met my mom at the hotel, and settled in for a few relaxing days.

The kids and I went to Logan's birthday party. He's the son of my high school best friend, Amy. It was great to visit with her and her family, and see my other girlfriends from high school.

(The second picture's lighting is bad because my camera was still on the aquarium setting.)




I don't have pictures of the rest of our stay in San Jose, but here's what we did:


  • Dinner with the Fraziers, Kalivodas, and Olsens, 3 of our neighbors. The Olsen's are Brooke's parents. (See Trip Part 2.) Her mom was there, but her dad had left to take Brooke's kids back to Utah. Too bad we missed them both times.


  • Church at our old ward, San Jose 26th


  • Lots of swimming in the hotel pool


  • Hunting down our favorite Mexican resaurant, Super Taqueria. It hadn't changed a bit and was still sooo good.


  • Spending a few minutes with Ben, another best friend from high school. Unfortunately our schedules didn't match so we only had about 20 minutes together.


  • Driving around, remembering all the old haunts.


  • Travis got sick part way through this leg of the trip, so the last 2 days I was confined to the hotel room. He was still feeling crummy when we left, but at least he was done throwing up.

No comments: