Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!

We have been having a merry month of Christmas fun and activities.

Our favorite Christmas tradition is to read a Christmas story almost every night. At the beginning of the month, I wrap up all of our Christmas stories, some nice, some fun. I've been getting one new one each year to add to our collection. The kids get very excited when it's their turn to rip that paper open.

I've also been trying to record a bunch of Christmas shows that are on TV. So the kids have had their fill of Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, Polar Express, and many more!

On Christmas Eve, we did our family Christmas program. It's a combination of scripture, songs, and pictures. It's so nice to sit and read the Christmas story from the scriptures and sing some great hymns. It always fills me the Spirit along with a chance to reflect on Christ and why we worship him.

This week, with the kids off of school, I've kept them busy with crafts. And they've come up with few of their own activities as well. Here are the highlights:

Courtney helped Dylan and Travis dress up as Santa and Rudolph. They did this in the garage while I was making dinner, so I had no idea what was going on until it was done. It made me laugh so hard. Hope you enjoy it also!



We made some ornaments out of Perler beads. They did a great job, even Travis getting into it.










On Christmas Eve, we made sugar cookies. Yum! Yum! They each chose one to leave for Santa, then promplty gobbled up the rest.
















Spreading out reindeer food in the front yard. It's almost time!!!






I love Christmas and what it means for my family. May your home be filled with peace and love and the spirit of Christ this season.

1 comment:

Jayleen said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I love Dylan and Travis playing Santa and his reindeer, kids can be so inventive. We were so excited to get your package, I can't wait to start using it. Thank you so much!