Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Cry For Help!

I'm in desparate need of help from my fellow moms out there. I'm trying to potty train Travis, but NOTHING is working. Everything I tried on my other 2 kids is failing. Other ideas I've heard of are failing. He absolutely refuses to go. He'll sit on the potty forever and just smile at me. Then immediately after he'll pee, on the floor, in his underwear, in his diaper, wherever! If I could just get him to go even once in the toilet, I'd feel like there was hope. But nothing. How do you convince a stubborn 2, almost 3 year old to try. I know I have time, but he's very ready in every other way. Plus, he's pooping about 5 times a day and his little bottom is always so red and sore. I try to convince him that using the potty would mean his owies would go away, but to no avail.

Help!

4 comments:

Jill said...

That's so frustrating. Ashton just didn't care if he went in the toilet. He was completely content to run around naked and poop on the floor. So...I waited another year and what a difference that made. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear. I'm no help in the potty department.

Carrina said...

I agree with Jill. If you wait until he's ready, it will save you both a lot of heartache. In the meantime, more poopy diapers. :) You might want to try eliminating things from his diet. It sounds like something he is eating is bothering him.

Kim said...

Here are my suggestions:
1. send him to Grandma Jo's for a couple weeks or until he's potty trained.
2. Count your blessings that you don't have carpet downstairs.
3. It's summer time so it's ok to spend all day outside with no diapers/undies on--just a long t-shirt. Let him go outside as much as he wants. Some kids learn to go outside and don't learn to go in an actual potty for a long time but at least they are staying dry.
3. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Good, now go have some chocolate.
4. Remember they do make diapers in very large sizes. It's ok, if he's not potty trained yet.
5. Remember that he WILL be potty trained some day. You used to tell me when I was frustrated with Caleb that it will end. That he won't be 10 years old and not no how to go in the potty. It will end. Promise.

Brooke said...

um... wait?

chloe was like this and i forced her and cried every night for two weeks. it happened, but it was hard. with my other two i just waited. and my mom took care of tess...

so maybe kim's suggestion about grandma jo is a good one! :)