Monday, May 4, 2009

YUM

My sister Jill discovered this absolutely yummy and delicious recipe for Banana Cranberry Bread. I like banana bread, but I LOVE this, and its so easy to make. It's not exactly on my diet, but I figure I'm eating fruit right? . . . Right? Although I have to time it just right when coming out of the oven so it's after I've already eaten. If I'm hungry, I'll eat the whole thing. When its warm . . . mmmmmmmm. Here's the recipe from Oceanspray. They also have a recipe using fresh or frozen cranberries.






Cranberry Banana Bread



1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup mashed banana

1/4 cup milk

2 eggs

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

1 6-ounce pkg craisins



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Mix sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl until completely blended. Add banana, milk, and eggs, mixing well. Add dry ingredients, mixing until just moist. Stir in nuts and craisins. Spread batter evenly in a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or unitl a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Darn, I just threw out some old bananas. This looks sooo good. And what's great is that Justin won't eat it so more for me (or maybe that's not such a good thing.) Thank you Jill and Amy!!!

Amy said...

Mmmm. . . that looks delicious!!! Hope you are doing great! Miss you!

Brooke said...

oh no. i love banana bread & craisins. i'm doomed.

and kim, you should never throw away old bananas. i just pop mine in the freezer to use whenever i want bread. they work just the same!